Brailliant BI 40X Braille Display
- 40 cell refreshable braille display with standalone applications
- Equipped with Bluetooth 5 for a more reliable and stable connection
- Connect to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB as a braille display
- KeySoft Lite – Intuitive and seamless user experience with standalone productive applications.
- Onboard braille translation, allows to translate braille to print and vice versa
- 32GB Internal storage
- Daisy book player
- Victor Reader application– Download resources from Bookshare, NLS BARD and other libraries
- Supports various file types including DOCX, DOC, TXT, BRF, BRL, and more
- Basic notetaking – Use the ergonomic and silent Perkins style keyboard for making notes during meetings and classes
- Switches between braille grades to aid user build proficiency in contracted braille.
- Exam mode, removes access to the internal storage during an exam environment
- More to come: Audio support will soon follow from a free upgrade. Listen to audio books, extending the availability to your favorite books and novels.
- The following system languages are supported: English, French FR, French CA, German, Dutch, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish and Arabic.
The NEW, future-ready 40-cell refreshable braille device is designed with connectivity and productivity in mind. With the introduction of Bluetooth 5 Wireless technology the Brailliant BI 40X is the first to market braille display to take advantage of the robust and reliable connection, allowing for a pairing that is 2x faster and capable of 4x the distance over previous Bluetooth technology. The Brailliant BI 40X connects to multiple devices at once and delivers a smarter, more user-friendly experience to new refreshable braille display users.
User-driven experience with every stroke
KeySoft Lite is a user-friendly interface that lets you accomplish daily tasks through its onboard KeySoft suite of applications. It powers the Brailliant BI 40X providing an intuitive transition to those who have previously used any KeySoft-enabled HumanWare device.
Customizable braille experience
Have full control over your writing and reading experience by selecting the braille table of your choice. Hide or show applications by customizing KeySofts Lite Main Menu and configure thumb keys to match your braille reading preference. The Brailliant BI X series gives you flexibility through its storage options and the included onboard braille translation ensures compatibility with various file types. Saving, opening and transferring data could not be easier.
Carry your library in your pocket and read at your speed!
Connect via your Wi-Fi-enabled Brailliant BI 40X and use the Victor Reader app to download resources instantly from online libraries such as Bookshare, NLS BARD, NFB Newsline and many more to follow. Read a book effortlessly using the HumanWare signature thumb keys, or through the enabling of Automatic scrolling that will refresh the braille display to your reading speed.
Take notes during your meeting using the KeySoft Lite editor application, KeyPad. Easily switch to your connected screen reader to send emails or a text. The ergonomic keyboard of your Brailliant BI 40X, adds to the enjoyment of writing comfortably and in near silence.
What’s in the box
- Brailliant BI 40X Braille display
- Micro fibre carrying case and should strap
- USB-C Cable
- Power supply
- Printed quick start guide