Read books, play music, keep memos, record – the PLEXTALK™ Pocket does it all, even when you’re on the go.
Small, slim, and light – at just over 2 inches x 4 inches and under 4 ounces – the PLEXTALK Pocket keeps up with your needs, whether in school, at the workplace, hanging out with friends, or at home reading a good book.
- Play a wide range of file types – audio and text-based DAISY, MP3, WMA (unprotected), WAV (PCM formats), AMR-WB+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible Format 4, CDs (CD-DA) (External USB CD/DVD Drive), text, HTML, Word, and more
- Record with DAISY 2.02 structure classroom lectures or meetings from the built-in microphone or an external microphone of your own
- Wireless Web radio and podcasting
- Navigate plain text files, HTML files and Microsoft documents by paragraph, sentence, word and character
- Quickly save appointments, phone numbers, and deadlines by recording voice memos
- Add headings to recordings, and use them to navigate as you play back
- Share files between your PC and the PLEXTALK Pocket via wireless LAN or USB cable
- Record in DAISY, and edit on your PC with included PRS Pro DAISY editing software
- Speech Engine: Nuance® Vocalizer (Tom and Samantha)
Exchange files with your computer
Using wireless LAN, you can share files between your PC and the PLEXTALK Pocket without a USB cable. PLEXTALK Pocket also automatically identifies text-based files inside an SD card or USB flash memory and reads the files using the built-in text-to-speech (TTS) engine. The PLEXTALK Pocket comes with a 2GB SD card, but can handle up to a 32GB SD card.
The PLEXTALK Pocket is powered by a rechargeable lithium polymer battery for up to 10 hours of playback or recording.