Braille Sense OnHand
What is the Braille Sense OnHand?
The Braille Sense OnHand is the sleekest and
lightest 18-cell Braille notetaker on the market today. But donít let
its diminutive size fool you. Itís packed with advanced hardware like
an integrated digital compass and a built-in GPS receiver. The OnHand
also includes robust software designed with your productivity and
independence in mind.
Features of Braille Sense OnHand
- The Windows-like file manager in the Braille Sense OnHand makes
managing files, folders, and various types of memory like secure
digital cards and USB flash drives like a breeze.
- The Braille Sense OnHand lets you create, delete, and rename
files and folders, view file and folder properties, write-protect
files, and open files of all supported types directly from within
the file manager interface.
- The OnHandís file manager also includes the ability to search
for specific files anywhere on the device, and it even has built-in
support for zip archives.
- The Braille Sense OnHand supports the viewing and editing of
several commonly used file types. Text, rich text, doc, docx, brl,
and brf are all supported, and another unique format called hbl is
- Whether youíre typing in grade 1, grade 2 or computer Braille,
the Braille Sense OnHand translates among all three, making the
sharing of documents with colleagues seamless.
- The OnHand allows you to produce hard copies of your work on a
wide variety of commonly available printers and Braille embossers,
and it also provides ample storage for you to keep electronic copies
of all your important work.
- The Braille Sense OnHand includes a full-function DAISY player
which can easily play DAISY content of several different types.
- Change the speed and volume of the content being played
independent of the speed and volume of the OnHandís text to speech.
- Insert, delete and navigate to marks. Navigate by page, heading,
phrase, and level.
- Daisy 2.0/2.02, ANSI/NISO Z39.86 (Daisy 3.0), NIMAS and
Bookshare.org are all supported.
- The Braille Sense OnHand includes a built-in chat program which
allows users with Windows Live IDís to chat with other Windows Live
and MSN Messenger users.
- The program allows for the addition and deletion of contacts,
the changing of status and screen name information, and the saving
- The Braille Sense OnHandís email client allows easy
configuration of pop3 email accounts.
- Use it to read, forward, reply to, and save email messages.
- Full automatic translation allows emails to be written in
contracted Braille but read in standard text by sighted recipients,
and it also allows Braille users to read any emails written to them
in contracted Braille.
- The OnHandís web browser is perfect for surfing the web, reading
and saving HTML content, and even downloading files.
- Create bookmarks and jump to favorite web pages with just a few
- Navigation quick keys allow you to move effortlessly between
links, text, form fields, tables, and more.
- Instant translation makes web pages viewable in contracted
Braille, making the reading of content like news articles,
dictionary entries, and blogs easy and efficient.
- The OnHandís media features allow you to play a wide variety of
file formats. MP3, MP4, WAV, ASF, OGG, WMA, M3U, Audible(AA, AAX),
WMV, FLAC, and MID are all supported.
- Create and edit playlists, add up to 1000 marks in any audio
file for quick and easy navigation, and change audio effects like
bass boost, reverb, echo and virtual surround.
- Recording of audio in adjustable bit and sample rates can be
done either by using the built-in microphone or by connecting an
audio device to the microphone jack. Both MP3 and WAV formats are
supported for recording.
- Many media features can be controlled by the media buttons on
the front of the OnHand, so you donít even need to be working in
your media player application in order to enjoy your audio.
- The Braille Sense OnHand may be used as a mass-storage device,
making the transfer of files and folders between the OnHand and PCís
- No special software is needed to accommodate these transfers.
- The Braille Sense OnHand contains an address manager, schedule
manager, scientific calculator, database manager, alarm clock,
timer, and many other applications designed to enhance your
- You can use the OnHand in conjunction with a screen-reader to
view content on your PC in Braille.
- Online help is available in every application, making the
Braille Sense OnHand easy to learn.
- An optional USB LCD display (sold separately) allows print users
to view the same information shown on the Braille display. This
feature can be extremely useful for teachers working with blind
students or for communicating with individuals who are deaf and
Technical Specifications of Braille Sense OnHand
||Wireless LAN, Bluetooth
||Internal microphone, Microphone jack
||Internal speaker, Earphone jack
||MP3/WAV recording, Line-in, Stereo recording
||USB OTG, SD slot
||Rechargeable and detachable battery
||17.2cm(W)x9cm(D)x2.7cm(H) / 6.77"(W)x3.54"(D)x1.07"(H)
||425g / 0.93 lbs
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American
Express, checks and approved Purchase Orders
Call 800-580-6086 or Buy Online
If you need assistance please call NanoPac, Inc.
Content and design copyright by NanoPac, Inc. 1998 - 2016
NanoPac, Inc. 4823 S. Sheridan Rd. Suite 302, Tulsa, OK 74145